My makeup routine always seems to slightly shift when the season change. I have my staples that I like to rotate through, but no matter what products I’m using I stick to an easy, minimal, and fast routine. For every day, I tend to try to emulate J. Crew’s fresh and glowy signature look. Here are a few of my current most-used products:
1. Glossier’s Perfecting Skin Tint in Light is the easiest (and sheerest) base I’ve used. It only takes about 5 seconds to rub in and leaves you with a dewy glow. It’s so light, it hardly feels like you have anything on your face!
2. Laura Mercier’s Secret Camouflage in SC-1 is a high-coverage concealer that Lisa Eldridge (one of the best makeup artists around) swears by. It was by her recommendation that I purchased it, and I haven’t looked back since. It has great coverage, never budges, and is very customizable with the two colors given in each palette.
3. RMS’s Buriti Bronzer is the first cream bronzer I’ve ever used, and I’m hooked. It’s quick and easy to use (are you noticing a theme?), as well as gives off a nice, sheer bronze. I apply it beneath my cheek bones and blend it upwards. I also apply some on my temples. Also, check out the RMS Living Luminizer for a not-too-sparkly highlighter.
4. Bobbi Brown’s Pot Rouge in Pale Pink is the best product for giving my cheeks a natural-looking flush. It blends really well with the RMS Buriti Bronzer on my cheeks. I also like how compact it is, and that it doesn’t require any brushes — which makes it so much more easy to travel with!
5. Maybelline’s Define A Lash Waterproof Mascara wins the cake for my favorite mascara. I’m definitely a drugstore mascara type of girl. This one is super lengthening, not clumpy, and never flakes.
What are a few of your makeup favorites right now?